Your Privacy Rights
IT Connex Inc. (“IT Connex”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting the personal information that we collect, use and disclose in connection with the recruitment and placement services that we provide to potential and current candidates, independent contractors, and employees (the “Contractors”), and to the third party employers that may retain those Contractors or hire those employees (the “Employers”).
IT Connex recognizes and complies with the federal government’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) and other applicable privacy laws as enacted or amended from time to time, and we ensure that our collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information (defined below) complies with such privacy laws. We also recognize and comply with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (”CASL”) and ensure that our collection and use of email addresses and text numbers, and any unsolicited commercial electronic messages we send to you, comply with CASL.
What is “Personal Information?
Personal Information is any information that identifies you, or by which your identity could be deduced. In order to determine suitability for employment and to manage hiring processes on behalf of the Employers who are our clients, we may collect, use and disclose Personal Information such as:
- Contact information, such as your name, postal address, email address(es), telephone number(s), and LinkedIn or other social media addresses;
- Your work history and dates, education history and dates, names and contact information of previous employers and references, information about your education, qualifications or certifications, and your salary and contract rate history;
- Where Employers require credit or criminal checks, either IT Connex or a third party who conducts such credit and criminal background checks (a “Background Check Agent”) may collect social insurance numbers, passport, permanent residency or work visa information, banking information, and other identification, employment and personal history information as determined by the Employer;
- Where required by Employers, information based on your government-issued identification documents, such as a passport, permanent residency document, work visa, a driver’s license, provincial health card, information relating to your education, qualifications and certifications, incorporation documents, or to identify your family or other emergency contacts;
- Where required to facilitate payments to you, your social insurance number, business identification number, and bank account information (e.g., a void cheque); and
- Your email and/or IP address, browser, and other Information relating to your use of the Site.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We collect your Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it to us via email, during a phone call or personal interview, in your resume or application, or using an application form that may be provided to you by IT Connex, an Employer, or a Background Check Agent.
- IT Connex, an Employer, or a Background Check Agent will generally ask you to provide your explicit consent to providing the Personal Information but in some cases your consent may be implied by your conduct when you provide that Personal Information to us, the Employer or the Background Check Agent;
- Personal Information may also be collected based information posted on LinkedIn or other social media platforms;
- Where you provide Personal Information to a Background Check Agent, they may provide that to us, as well as to the Employer; and
- Personal Information required to facilitate payments may be provided to IT Connex or directly to an Employer.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Our recruiters and account managers use Personal Information to assess potential Contractors and to help to match candidates to Employers and to specific contract roles and permanent employment positions;
- We also use your Personal Information as needed to administer and manage ongoing placements or contracts, including to schedule work, to administer payments, and for reporting to Employers;
- IT Connect may also use the Personal Information to maintain contact with Contractors, to advise you about potential subsequent placements, or for marketing purposes, such as to provide updates on Employers or upcoming projects and placements. This may include sending CEMs to you, which will be done in compliance with CASL; and
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to third party service providers in association with services they provide to IT Connex, such as for telecommunications, information technology, operation, maintenance and backup of the Site, or for payroll, accounting, or legal services (“Service Providers”);
- With your consent, your Personal Information may be included in a testimonial posted on the Site;
- We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties, with your prior consent;
- We will disclose your Personal Information when we are required or authorized to do so by a government department or agency, or by law, for example to respond to an information request or to respond to a court order;
- Your Personal Information will be disclosed with your implied consent in connection with services we provide to you, where you have agreed to receive those services and your Personal Information is required to be disclosed to a third party in association with the provision of the services;
- Your Personal Information will be disclosed as necessary to establish or collect amounts owed to us or in association with legal proceedings to establish, protect or defend our legal rights;
- If the business or assets of IT Connex is sold to another business, we may disclose your Personal Information to the buyer since customer information is typically one of the assets that is transferred on the sale of a business; and
- Your Personal Information may be disclosed if the information is already publicly known.
HOW WE PROECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- IT Connex takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your Personal Information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. However, because online systems and the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information and such transmission is at your own risk.
- Your Personal Information, including a resume and other communications with us will only be accessible to IT Connex recruiters, account managers, management and support staff who require it in order to facilitate and administer the services we provide to Contractors and Employers;
The security precautions we take include the following:
- -All Personal Information is stored securely in our electronic database and protected using firewalls, passwords and other appropriate measures;
- -We physically secure our premises and access to Personal Information is restricted to those recruiters, account managers, management and support staff who require it in order to facilitate and administer the services we provide to Contractors and Employers.
- We retain your Personal Information only for as long as necessary in connection with the circumstances of your application, placement or employment or to provide you with updates that may be of interest based on your work history and profile. Your Personal Information will be destroyed when it is no longer necessary or as required by law, whichever is the longer time frame.
Questions or Updates to Your Personal Information
It is important that the contact information and other Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If any of your Personal Information changes, please inform us so that our files can be updated.
In compliance with CASL, please note that you may “Unsubscribe” to any unsolicited commercial electronic messages that we may send to you, and that we will give effect to such requests as required by CASL.
120 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 800
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E2
Can I Be Denied Access to My Personal Information?
Your rights to access your Personal Information are not absolute. We may deny access as provided for by PIPEDA, including:
- When the denial of access is required or authorized by law;
- When granting you access would create risks for other people’s privacy rights;
- To protect IT Connex’s or an Employer’s rights and property; or
- When we determine that a request is frivolous or vexatious.
If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct information, we will provide you with an explanation.